segunda-feira, 18 de agosto de 2014

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

book rate: 

I picked up The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight as a book to read during a day spent by the swimming pool. I thought it would be the typical contemporary young adult novel with the oh-so-predictable plot. It turns out I was wrong. But I only figured this out when I was half way through the book…

My first impression was that the main female character wasn’t very bright and this thought immediately set my mind to a negative perspective. I kept finding flaws whether in the characters or the storyline or the relationships stablished. But as I advanced in the book I began to realize the storyline was not as simple as I had imagined it (not that the plot is very complex, but it turned out not to be as predictable as I had initially thought).

Something else that struck me as different, and a positive change to what the usual contemporaries bring to the readers I might add, is that The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight does not only adresses the topic of love but also of acceptance and forgiveness.

On a less enthusiastic but still satisfied tone I would like to add I really grew fond of the male protagonist. I thought he was funny, smart and very relatable to.

On the other hand I also feel obliged to highlight my distaste for the main female character, as I’ve already mentioned (even though she didn’t bother me so much in the second half of the book), and the way the relationships between the characters developed so unrealistically.

All in all I considered this a good book. Not life changing but quite entertaining and easy to read. Perfect for a day spent travelling (preferably by plane)!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário