terça-feira, 10 de junho de 2014

This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

book rate: 2/5

synopsis from good reads:


If fate sent you an email, would you answer?


When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds. 


Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?




Review: 

Unfortunately, this book was not what I was expecting. It started out pretty well. Ellie is different from most teenage girls, she doesn't care about famous people, or about having a movie being filmed in her small town, where nothing ever happens. She's very down-to-earth, and I like that about her. Graham is also a good character, he's sweet and funny, and not what people expect a famous teenage boy to be. But, that's pretty much what I liked about this book. 


I was enjoying reading this book until the second part started. The first part was okay, it was funny and we get to see Graham's and Ellie's relationship develop. However, I found the second part boring, I just wanted to finish this book so I could start another one. I didn't like the ending, I think the way the "big conflict" was resolved was not satisfying. I wish we had seen more of Graham and Ellie's relationship, and if they made it work out.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário