quinta-feira, 19 de junho de 2014

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

book rate: ★★★★

What a book!


"The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak tells us the story of a german girl named Liesel Meminger, her foster parents, a lemon haired Saumensch, a Jew fist fighter and the role the words of a strange small man with a small strange moustache played in their lives.


If you are considering reading this book (and I hope you are), there is something you should know upfront: this novel is narrated by death. And as it might sound creepy in the beginning, let me tell you that by the end of the book you will understand it could be no other way.


I must tell you I have no downside to highlight about Zusak's work with "The Book Thief". Everything is so masterfully worked, the characters, the story line, the relationships created, the historical verisimilitude, even the chapters' titles, for crying out loud!


I must admit I learned quite a lot reading this book and I believe most of you will too, the story is so beautifully told and filled with heartfelt characters that will bring tears to your eyes more than once.


There is not much to say except for: read this book as soon as you can! I am telling you you won't need a review to fall in love with it. A book I recommend to anyone, despite age, reading experience or favourite gender. A must-read.



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário