sexta-feira, 23 de maio de 2014

Sweet Home by Tillie Cole

book rate: 1/5

I know this is a terrible rate but there's no way this book scores higher in my opinion! There's a lot of things I want to say about this book and I hope this makes sense.


Lonely and nerdy twenty year old Molly Juliet Shakespeare moves to Alabama for her masters degree. There she encounters super star quarter back Romeo Prince. Both of them had a difficult and sad childhood, and of course this reflects in their personality.


The way I see it, all characters were, not only, weakly developed but they also annoyed the hell out of me. I don't think there is one normal character in this book, except for Ally, Romeo's sweet and normal cousin. Cass is ridiculous, she is always talking like she is a walking bag of hormones, ("What's up, bitches? Are we headin' to this jig or what? I wanna see what prime beef is on offer. Mama's taco needs a good ol' fillin'.") you have no idea how much that annoys me. There there's their goth friend, whose name I don't remember, she is in her senior year and her dream is to be a cheerleader so the three of them join a sorority (what?! what's the point?! is your last year). Let's talk about Romeo's parents, I get that they were supposed to be evil, but seriously?! They were worst then Cinderela's step-mother, and that's saying a lot! Moving on to our main characters, Romeo is officially the worst male character I have ever come across. He has no self control over him-self, he's always picking up a fight,  also he uses the word ''fuck'' in every sentence he says, you have no idea how much I hated that. I get that he had a bad childhood and all that, but it doesn't mean he can beat the crap out of every guy that crosses his path just because he's mad. About Molly, I really don't know what to say about her, I feel like she didn't have a personality at all, her actions were all about Rome, i hate that!


“He fucks me like he hates me. . .”  isn't this everything a girl wants to feel from her boyfriend? The writer tried very hard to make Romeo a dominant alpha male, but she failed. Their sex life is based on him giving orders and Molly all turned on doing everything he says. This is absolutely ridiculous and sad. Maybe it's because I don't like to be ordered around by anyone on any situation, that I see Molly as such a pathetic girl. 


Finally I want to point out that I didn't like they way this book was written. The dialogues are all written in what looks like Southern accent, why does every single character speaks in the same way?! It's just dreadful! Also I found the descriptions poor and not clear, most of the times I had a hard time picturing what was happening in my head. 


All in all, I didn't like this book. Maybe you will like it. There are of course people who did, unfortunately I was not one of them.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário