quarta-feira, 6 de agosto de 2014

Oppostion (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

book rate: ★★★★ (5/5)
series rate: ★★★★ (5/5)


I'm not going into detail about the plot since Opposition is the last book of the series and I don’t want to spoil the other books for you. But I’ll give you a small description of the series, with no spoilers.

The Lux series follow the life of book-nerd Katy after she moved to West Virginia with her mother looking for a fresh start. Katy did get a fresh start, but it was not what she was expecting. All hell breaks loose when she discovers than her next door neighbours are aliens.

I don’t know where to begin to describe how much I love this books and what they mean to me. I was intrigued by this book when I first heard of it. I had never read paranormal-romance or a lot of different type of books before, to be honest.  And aliens?! That almost stopped me from reading Obsidian, but I'm glad it didn't because I will carry this story with me for a long time to come.

Opposition was the perfect way to end this series. I went with high expectations to this book, and it didn't disappoint me.  Throughout the book, there are a lot of references to things that happen in Obsidian, how it all started, what the characters had to go through and how much everything had changed.  This filled me with such a strong sense of nostalgia that I was constantly on the verge of tears. Just like the other four books, this final book was action packed, most times I felt like my heart would jump out of my chest and my hands wouldn't stop shaking, but even when everything was going wrong, I was still able to laugh. Jennifer L. Armentrout knows when it’s okay to make a joke or when it’s time to be serious and that is something I appreciate. The jokes were appropriate and they didn't sound fake, and the same applies to the serious and heart breaking moments.

Katy is one of my favourite characters ever. She is strong, lovable, a book worm just like us and the reason I created this blog. Katy, Daemon, Dee, Dawson, Beth, Archer, Luc, Adam, and even Ash and Andrew (all the characters really) will always have a special place in my heart.

This series is full of typical book lover’s comments and it is always able to put a smile on my face. Love, romance, friendship, family and action are an everlasting presence. I will definitely reread this series in the future especially since Obsidian is my go-to happy book for when I'm feeling sad. Needless to say I highly recommend this series. 

2 comentários:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't wait to read this book!! I loved Obsidian! Also, Katy is the reason I created my blog too! I named my blog after her!

    I'm happy that someone else has read it and says its good. That'll keep me going until I read it.

    -Kayl @ Kayl's Krazy Obsession

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. You need to continue with the series! It only gets better. Have you only read obsidian?

      Eliminar