segunda-feira, 4 de agosto de 2014

Love is a Thief by Claire Garber

book rate: 

"Kate Winters might just be ‘that’ girl. 


You know the one. The girl who, for no particular reason, doesn’t get the guy, doesn’t have children, doesn’t get the romantic happy ever after. 


So she needs a plan. 


What does she like doing? What didn’t she get to do because she fell in love? What would she be happy spending the rest of her life doing if love never showed up again? 


This is one girl’s journey to take back what love stole"


The reason I rated this book so low is the synopsys on the back. SEIROUSLY, the synopsys is so good! I was aching to read it as soon as I picked it up from the local library. And then... the story line happened... and I wanted to hit someone... badly.


I had so high expectations for this book, I thought it was about how you don't need love to be happy, how one can be happy with all the other wonderful things life has to offer! But no, no. Right from the beginning of the book the guy shows up. You know, "that" guy, the one she falls madly in love with and can't live without and so they end up together and super duper happy.


I think maybe if I had dived into this book knowing that it would be the regular love story where girl meets boy or, in this case, girl re encounters long lost childhood crush, maybe I would have enjoyed it more. Who knows... I certainly don't as I was seriously mislead by the synopsys!


Ugh, sorry if this review is too harsh on "Love is a Thief" but this book brought me nothing but frustration...


I'm not going to say I don't recommend, all I will say is: read it if you're into adult romances. I'm not, so I didn't enjoy it much, but maybe some of you will... Anyway, if you read it let me know what you think by commenting below.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário